Become part of the Colorado Symphony’s future by making a planned gift!
Planned gifts can help you match your personal financial goals and desire to support the Colorado Symphony with gift options that are meaningful and practical. Your support today plays an instrumental role in sustaining the excellence and innovation of your Colorado Symphony. You can also be an integral part of our future by including a charitable gift within your estate and financial plans.
Planned giving is a means for anyone – not just the wealthy – to leave a legacy that will ensure the gift of music for future generations. It encompasses multiple flexible options that allow for gifts to be made to the Colorado Symphony from accumulated resources. We encourage you to explore the options below to help us continue our commitment and contributions to the Colorado community for generations to come. Please also discuss your individual situation and goals with a qualified estate or tax attorney, or other advisors.
How To Make a Planned Gift
Gifts for the future (deferred gifts):
- Remember the Colorado Symphony in your will or living trust (see sample language below).
- Designate the Colorado Symphony as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), retirement plan, bank or investment account, or other asset.
- Make a gift of life insurance.
Gifts of appreciated assets or property:
- Make a gift of appreciated stocks or assets, which can minimize capital gains taxes for you.
- Donate real estate: a vacation home, commercial property, or undeveloped land, or use these to fund a charitable trust that benefits the Symphony later. You can even donate your home and continue to live there for the rest of your lifetime.
Gifts that provide tax benefits now and a lifetime income:
- Create a charitable remainder trust, an irrevocable trust that makes payments to you or other beneficiaries for your lifetime or a specified term, after which the Symphony receives the remainder.
If you include the Colorado Symphony Association or The Symphony Fund in your will, we would appreciate receiving notice of your decision. This provides us with the opportunity to acknowledge your bequest intention and invite you to join the Horace Tureman Society so that you can enjoy its lifetime membership benefits. If desired, Colorado Symphony representatives are available to meet with you and your advisors to assist in your charitable gift planning goals. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Colorado Symphony Association Tax ID: 84-0511458
Download Intention Form PDF
The Symphony Fund Tax ID: 26-0138249
Contact John Burtness, Chief Advancement Officer, at 303.308.2495 or email@example.com.