The position has the overall responsibility for planning, executing and expanding contributions from current and new prospects. These donors are cultivated and solicited to achieve revenue goals across all annual giving ensuring strong fiscal support for the Annual Fund, Colorado Symphony Ball, and Colorado Symphony Education Programs. Represents the organization at public events to enhance relationships in the community and to build the donor base. Will create and implement strategies to ensure annual giving revenue targets are hit, while maintaining high flexibility in response to shifting priorities. Works collaboratively with all internal departments to achieve enhanced appreciation for and enriched understanding of music especially classical music as a vital means of expanding community engagement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual Fund
- Ensure Annual Fund qualification, renewal, and upgrade mail, email, and/or telephone campaigns run according to strict deadlines and that cash flows consistently meet monthly projections for donors giving less than $2,500 annually.
- Lead project management across IT and Marketing departments regarding in-house and out of house bulk mailings, along with management of related telethon funding through in-house call center.
- Strategize on the most effective messaging and specific timing of campaigns and appeals throughout the year, maximizing reach and revenue from all segments, including upgrades, renewals, lapsed donors and acquisitions.
- Manage portfolios of individual donors who give annually less than $2,500 by cultivating existing and identifying new relationships with the intent of growing and expanding the donor base. This includes prospects for Advancement campaigns such as the Annual Fund, Women of Note, and Education Programs.
- Monitor budgets assigned to all Annual Fund programs.
- Assist in donor benefits delivery.\
- Colorado Gives Day
- Manage Colorado Gives profile and effectively launch and manage a yearly campaign related to Colorado Gives Day.
- Work directly with Marketing to promote Colorado Gives Day through all available channels, including email, social media, and print.
- Young Professional Initiatives (Remix)
- Assist with recruitment progress and setting fundraising goals and expectations, specific to the committee. Oversee committee to ensure roles are being fulfilled. Assist chair in setting meeting agenda for each monthly meeting. Keep CSA senior leadership apprised of Committee progress, and serve as a resource to Committee members.
- Work with the Marketing Department to monitor the progress of membership program of the Colorado Symphony.
- Manage communications, including fielding all external program inquiries.
- Oversee patron services procedures for committee, including welcome package delivery and night-of-show ticketing protocol.
Internal Business Operation:
- Work with Advancement and other departments to identify funding opportunities and efficiency improvements that support CSA programs and revenue goals.
- Work with Director of Major Gifts to plan content for Brett Mitchell Society and Women of Note programs.
- Staff the Colorado Symphony Ball with the Advancement team as assigned.
- Budget and Planning
- Follow the department's budget in accordance with guidelines set by the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Prepare check/payment requests for all budgeted expenses.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend concerts of the orchestra regularly.
- Be knowledgeable of current and upcoming concert schedule and trends in this industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Applicant should have a Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience with donor relationships and preferably with Annual Fund fundraising.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage meetings
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, in person and phone, with patrons, trustees, staff, and volunteers.
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Consistent professionalism at the highest level with great donor sensitivity.
- High degree of flexibility in response to daily shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated success in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies with knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas, as well as autonomously managing projects.
- Knowledge of the Colorado Symphony’s season programs and offerings.
- Ability to create and improve operational efficiency.
- Able to work in a faced paced environment
- Experience in non-profit performing arts industry preferred
- Background in classical music preferred.
- Equipment to be used
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Tessitura & SharePoint knowledge preferred.
- Physical Demands
- Must be able to handle the physical demands commensurate with an active administrative position and concert schedule, including lifting to 25 lbs. of equipment.
- Personal vehicle necessary to transport equipment to off-site events as necessary.
- Evening and weekend hours required from time to time.
TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com and reference "Annual Giving Manager" in subject line. Due to the large volume of resumes, no phone calls please.
The Colorado Symphony Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.